Eric B. Landry
Partner - Baton Rouge
- T: 225.381.8041
- F: 225.387.5397
- Practice Areas
- Honors and Awards
- Representative Matters
- Professional Associations
Eric is a partner in the Baton Rouge office of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. His practice focuses on assisting clients with business transactions and corporate advisory services. His principal areas of practice include health care, real estate, banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Eric is a member of the firm’s robust healthcare team. He represents community hospitals, major health systems, physician practices, behavioral health providers, healthcare linen processors, home health agencies, ambulatory surgery centers, long-term care providers and other health care providers. Eric’s services include negotiating, planning, and implementing various business transactions on the following matters:
- Asset and Stock Purchase Agreements
- Joint Venture Operating Agreements
- Professional Service Agreements
- Management Agreements
Eric also advises clients on the sale and purchase of property, the drafting and negotiation of leases, and related real estate matters. Eric is also a licensed title insurance agent. In addition to his experience on traditional real estate matters, Eric has experience with respect to the applicability of health care fraud and abuse laws to real estate transactions. Eric has experience with:
- Commercial Leases
- Medical Office Building Leases
- Real Estate Purchase Agreements
- Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute
Banking and Finance
Eric has extensive experience representing both borrowers and lenders in connection with financing transactions including, real estate loans, construction loans, healthcare financing, traditional financing, and high-yield credit facilities.
- Loan and Security Agreements
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
Corporate Advisory Services
Eric advises businesses of all sizes and types on various matters relating to their formation, corporate structure, and governance. He assists companies with a diverse range of matters, including:
- Formation of Business Entities
- Bylaws and Operating Agreements
- Members’ and Shareholders’ Agreements
- Subscription Agreements
- Securities Regulations
- Private Placement Memorandum
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 2006
Louisiana State University, B.S. in Business Administration, 2002
Louisiana 2006, including all state, federal and appellate courts throughout Louisiana, as well as the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Baton Rouge Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association (Young Lawyers Section Member)
Louisiana Hospital Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Honors and Awards
Named a "Rising Star" in the area of Health Care by Louisiana Super Lawyers 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
Baton Rouge Area Chamber Leadership, Class of 2018
AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated.
- “Paycheck Protection Program Application Deadline in the Process of Being Extended” July 2020
- “PPP Update: Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act Enacted by Congress” June 2020
- “SBA Paycheck Protection Program Update” April 2020
- “Paycheck Protection Program Rules Released” April 2020
- “CARES ACT UPDATE (April 1, 2020): Paycheck Protection Program Application is Released” March 2020
- “Summary of Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (or CARES Act)” March 2020
- “COVID-19: Frequently Asked Questions For You and Your Business” March 2020
- “BSW Health Law Blog” August 2013
- “Real Estate Leasing in the Healthcare Industry: Understanding the Stark and Anti-Kickback Laws” Louisiana Medical News, June 2012
- “Medical Equipment: Component Parts: What Are They?” Louisiana Medical News, February 2011
- “Doing the Deal” - Selected Employment Contract Provisions , Louisiana Hospital Association Advanced Issues in Physician Employment Seminar, April 2019
- "The Business of Art", 2017 Regional Arts Summit, Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, June 2017
- "New Louisiana Business Corporation Act", 2015 LCPA Business and Industry Conference, New Orleans, LA, August 2015
- Purchasing and Leases-Real Estate Purchases; Real Estate Leases and Equipment Leases, Louisiana Hospital Association Business Health Law Seminar, January 24, 2013
- "Contracts 101", Louisiana Hospital Association Business Health Law Seminar, January 24, 2013
- "Legal Responsibilities of Health Center Board Members", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Post-Conference Sessions, 2012
- "Legal Liability of Non-Profit Board of Directors", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Annual Conference, 2011
- "Conflict of Interest Transactions", Louisiana Primary Care Association, Annual Conference, 2010
- "Commercial Real Estate Legislative and Case Law Update", Louisiana REALTORS Association, 2007
Represented a telecommunications company in $100 million sale of assets.
Represented Digital Media Company in purchase of assets.
Represented lender in $35 million refinance transaction.
Represented national health care providers and local hospitals in medicaid supplemental payment program. (UPL)
Represented home health agencies in purchase and sale of assets.
Represented various clients in acquisitions and sale of real estate.
Represented large industrial contracting company in purchase of assets, including software.
Represented long term acute care provider in sale of assets.